Wednesday, January 14, 2009


I am invited to Iranian Festival in Edinburgh from 31st Jan - 4th Feb .
The festival is being organised by the Edinburgh University Persian Society and a dedicated team of volunteers.

There are seven categories
arts, books, comedy, film, food, lectures, and music with events taking place in venues across Edinburgh from 30th Jan -8th Feb.

I'm taking 18 works , which 10 of them are new works on canvas and 8 are what remained from Hejab series.
The works will be exhibited in St .John's Church and There will hopefully be a chance that I could also do a drawing workshop . I'm very much looking forward to it and I'm sure its going to be a lovely experience,The organiseres which are all volunteers have been very sweet and helpful.

As far as I'm aware this the first ever Iranian festival in UK which I'm so pleased to be part of and honored to be featured alongside someone like
Sharnush Parsipur.

look out for pictures and news after the show check out he festival's website: www.ediranfest.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home